UWM Accountants

Paying your tax


Personal tax bills are due for payment in January and July of each year. When we send you your tax return for signature, we advise you of these amounts, together with your reference (UTR). You will need this information to pay your tax bill when it becomes due.

The most popular methods of paying your tax are:

  • Debit/Credit Card
  • BACS

Full details of how to pay your personal tax can be found at http://hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/selfassessment.htm


Corporation Tax is due for payment nine months and one day after your year end. You will need your 17 digit Corporation Tax reference which you will find on any statements from HMRC. We advise you of the amount to pay when we send you your accounts.

Full details of how to pay your Corporation Tax can be found at https://www.gov.uk/pay-corporation-tax


Your PAYE is due on the 22nd of each month if paying online, the 19th if you pay by post. CIS deductions in the construction industry are paid in the same way. You will need your 13 digit Accounts Office reference which you will find on any PAYE communication from HMRC.

Full details of how to pay your PAYE can be found at https://www.gov.uk/pay-paye-tax

Get in Touch

B1G1 Business Partner
AVN Changing the numbers
UWM are featured in The world's most inspiring accountants book
Accountants changing the world 2012 - 2013